These chronic illness quotes are the perfect instruments to keep you inspired to become your best self.
I understand that sometimes it might be hard to stay positive living with sickle cell (or other chronic illness) but it is important not to let your chronic illness get to you and stop you from becoming your best.
There is so much to complain about; the pain, the stigma, the poor welfare. If you let yourself wallow in the complain pool, you would lose a lot more than gain.
You have the power to choose how you want to live with chronic illness.
Check out these quotes whenever you feel like giving up. I have complied these chronic illness quotes and more into a freebie for you at the end of this post.
Make sure you grab it.
Let’s get inspired,
50+ chronic illness quotes to get you inspired
2. “Never let the things you cannot do prevent you from doing the things you can do”. – Coach John Wooden
4. “Your illness doesn’t define you, your strength and courage does” – Unknown
5. “Nothing can bring me down, I have mastered the art of bouncing back” – Unknown
7. “At the end of the day, all you need is hope and strength. Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.” – Unknown
8. “You are stronger than any pain” – Unknown
9. “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, and heart break makes you wiser. So thank the past for your future.” – Buddhist
10. “Disability need not be an obstacle to success” – Stephen Hawking
11. “Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing the pain is a skill.” – Kylie McPherson
13. “Don’t lose hope for when it is dark, the stars come out” – Unknown
17. “There is a silver lining to being sick. That is, the opportunity to a better state than ever before.” – Unknown
18. “Don’t let your pain and struggle make you a victim, let your battle make you someone’s hero.” – Unknown
19. “Strength is nothing more than how well you hide your pain” – Unknown
20. “When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
21. “Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises, maybe it is about collecting the scars to prove that we showed up for it.” – Hannah Brencher.
22. “It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop” – Confucius
23. Be patient and tough, someday the pain will be useful to you” – Ovid
24. “Pain is real, but so is hope” – Unknown
25. “You wake up every morning to fight the same demon that left you so tired the night before and that, my love, is bravery.” – Unknown
26. “Live to inspire, and one day people will say, because of you, I didn’t give up.” – Unknown
27. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly” – Buddha
28. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it” – Sydney Harris
29. “A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved” – Kurt Vonnegut
30. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it” – Tori Amos
31. “Healing yourself is connected with healing others” – Yoko Ono
32. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters” – Audrey Hepburn
33. “Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in every day” – Unknown
34. “Resting is not laziness, it is medicine” – Glenn Schweitzer
35. “I don’t want my pain and struggle to make me a victim. I want it to make me someone else’s hero” – Unknown
36. “Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.” – Rita Schiano
37. “You’re strong when you know your weakness. You are beautiful when you appreciate your flaws. You are wise when you learn from your mistakes” – Unknown
38. “Live to inspire and one day people will say because of you, I didn’t give up” – Unknown
39. “If opening your eyes, or getting out of bed, or holding a spoon, or combing your hair is the daunting Mount Everest you climb today, that is okay” – Carmen Ambrosio
40. “Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don’t give up on yourself just yet” – Unknown
41. “Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacle: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death.” Goldie Hawn
42. “Those who have a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’” – Unknown
43. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try one more time”. – Thomas Edison
44. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit” – Napoleon Hill
45. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle” – Christian D. Larson
46. “I fight for my health every day in ways that most people don’t understand. I’m not lazy. I’m a warrior!” – Unknown
47. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward” – Martin Luther King Jr.
48. “Do not spend your precious energy worrying about how others view your medical condition” – Toni Bernhard
49. “You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script” – Oprah Winfrey
50. “When ‘i’ is replaced with ‘we’ even illness become wellness” – Unknown
51. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” – Roy T. Bennett
52. “I inhale hope with every breath I take” – Sharon Kay Penman
53. “You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you”. – Josh Shipp
You might also like
- Lessons I learned in a day as someone living with sickle cell in Lagos
- Depression and chronic illness: How to deal with depression
- Ten ways to stay positive with chronic illness
Living with sickle cell disorder has taught me that pain is necessary for growth. Although sometimes the pain makes you ask yourself if it’s really worth it.
Whenever you start feeling doubt about moving on and becoming your best version, I hope these chronic illness quotes help you see that you are more than your illness.
I’ve complied some chronic illness quotes into an eBook for you.
N.B: You can create wallpapers from these quotes so you see it every time you use your phone.
Feel free to share this post to friends that might need it.